Sunday, June 8, 2008

Personal Reflection of A Midsummer Night’s Dream

One of the main reasons why I enjoyed reading A Midsummer Night’s Dream is I had watched a movie version of it, so as I read the play, I could envision the characters doing what they did in the movie, which was actually quite true to the play. I also like this play for its genre in general. It had been a long time since I last read a comedy, so A Midsummer Night’s Dream was a good refreshment of variety.
The way Shakespeare composes this play is what makes it a unique comedy. He manages to incorporate a great deal of fantasy fiction; however, he does not allow this to stop him from writing a play with some characters the audience can make similarities to. Overall, this easy and fun read was relaxing and made me laugh.

No comments: