Saturday, June 7, 2008

Personal Reflection of Macbeth

I enjoy the story of Macbeth because of the way Shakespeare crafted this tragic play. I like how the mood and tone of the play is immediately realized by the introduction of the three witches casted in a dark and foreboding setting. Also, the progression of Macbeth makes for a fascinating plot to follow. The story of who he once was, to who he becomes, and what ultimately happens as a result provides numerous aspects of the immense sense of tragedy Shakespeare weaves so consistently throughout the play. The prevalent transformation of Macbeth is what I like most about the play. In the beginning, Macbeth is a brave and loyal man. As the play continues, Macbeth is torn between doing what is right or taking another man’s life to steal the thrown. I like how Shakespeare makes Macbeth’s internal struggle realistic and therefore relatable to a point. Overall, I really liked the storyline and style of the play, but I think I would have a greater appreciation for it if I saw performed.

No comments: